Thursday, September 29, 2011

Hi Jolly and The Cactus Wren

Good morning folks.  I must say it is very warm here at Parker.   So off to  Hi Jolly Camp  site, in Quartzsite, for a day or two.  I bet we go to the Yacht Club for a "fish lunch" before we hit the road. (thanks to goggle for the photo)

DesertDale rode his bike this morning, looking for a better spot at                  "Hi Jolly' Plus treat me to breakfast at, he came back and said this site is good enough for one day.             "
We had breakfast  at "The Cross Roads in Parker",    I even had the pleasure of driving back into Parker, all by myself.  I don't bleam DesertDale for not letting me use the truck.  I have only wrecked it twice.


The Cactus Wren is the largest North American wren.  Which makes it is easy see. The Cactus Wren is much less shy than most of the family. Its marked white eyestripe, brown head, barred wings and tail, and spotted tail feathers make it easy to identify
They  mostly,eat insects, including ants, beetles, grasshoppers, and wasps. Sometimes they also eat it seeds, fruits, small reptiles and frogs.
They will search under leaves and ground litter and overturn objects in search of insects, as well as feeding in the foliage and branches of larger vegetation.
Off into the wild blue yonder tomorrow.  This view of Quartzsite is from     "Hi Jolly".    So see you in a day or so.  Kitfoxgal

No comments: