Sunday, October 21, 2012

Great Blue Hernon Adventure

Hello to all my readers.  Been a little slow at posting this time around.  Been ill, took to many Aleve.  Got an ulcer.  Doing great now, with help of DesertDale.

DesertDale took me on my first outing to the Yuma Wetlands East. These are a few photos DesertDale took there of a "Great Blue Hernon".   What a site it was. I believe there was about 3 or 4 "Heron's" there.
The Great Blue Hernon has blue-gray plumage.  They stand motionless searching for food.  They strike their pray very fast.
When in flight they have a very wide spread.
They are the largest of the North American herons, with very long legs.
They live in salt water, open coasts, marshes, freshwater, open coasts, marshes, sloughs, riverbanks and even in back yard ponds.
Hope you enjoy this posting as much as I did at the Wetlands in Yuma.

Enjoy your partner, who ever they may be.  Kitfoxgal

No comments: